Business Development Manager
The focus of the Business Development Manager (BDM) is on achieving results that are aligned with the overall organization and it’s strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, are the keys to achieving the performance objectives of the BDM.
The BDM orchestrates involvement of multiple people in our shipping processes so that customer revenue is consistently secured. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
These are the minimum results expected from a successful BDM:
- Manage an assigned territory and demonstrate extensive knowledge of potential customers and competitors in this area
- Timely data entry in our Customer Relationship Management tool
- Manage customer relationships and participate in the creation of value-added solutions for customer’s logistics needs
- Support the transition of new accounts through customer introductions, information transfer, and securing any necessary customer paperwork.
- Attend training & development sessions to continue developing selling skills and updating Cargomaster Product and Service knowledge
- Take on additional assignments as required, supporting company needs
Desired Skill-Sets and Characteristics
- Age: 25-35 year old
- Languages: Fluent in English & Arabic, French is a plus
- College Degree
- Experience in the logistics industry
- Computer / Web skills, Comfortable with regular data entry on a computer
- Sales oriented, good negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Dynamic, self motivated & sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Willing to learn and improve
- High perception for customer satisfaction
- Good account management
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing conditions
- Timeliness and accountability for results